In Medio Stat Virtus

A Catholic Blog From Scotland

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Benedict; a great pope


I am much taken with this photograph of Pope Benedict. It highlights the valley of darkness through which he is currently passing. There is an almost Easter Passion about this. Deserted by friends, "I offered my back to those who struck me, my cheeks to those who tore at my beard. I did not cover my face against insult and spittle". Isaiah said it all.

As Catholics we are all experiencing a collective dark night of the soul, stunned by the revelation of what Benedict has called the 'filth' in the Church. In many ways, he is bearing our burdens. We must pray that God gives him the strength to continue. Isaiah again; "The Lord is coming to my help, who dare condemn me?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home